Learn how to screen-print and create your own unique cards and festive gift tags to send to friends and family this Christmas.
On this workshop you’ll be guided through the screen printing process using blank screens and paper stencils. You’ll design and print your own festive stencil designs and gain an understanding of basic screen printing methods.
Your tutor: Kirstie Williams
Beginner level – ideal for complete beginners or those who would like a refresher in stencil screen printing.
All course prices include basic materials such as inks, paper, tools and equipment.
What do I need to prepare beforehand?
Students can bring simple festive images with them for inspiration but there will also be lots of reference images available and you can come up with ideas on the day.
- Introductions, health and safety, showing examples
- Demonstration (cutting a stencil, mixing inks, setting up and printing methods etc)
- Students cutting their stencils and printing their own cards and tags
Covid-19 safety :
We continue to have everyone’s safety as our main priority. Added measures to keep you safe include:
- Each participant will be allocated an individual workstation and box of materials.
- During your time in the workshop, we will open windows/doors etc. to provide increased ventilation – this might mean it’s a little colder than usual so you might wish to pack an extra layer!
- The workshop has antibacterial/viral wipes, hand sanitiser which is to be used upon arrival and has increased the frequency of cleaning to communal areas.
After attending this course you can join our workshop as a member and continue to use our facilities to make and develop your own work. The sooner the better, as the longer you leave it the more you are likely to forget! If you join up within one month of attending the course you will receive a £5 discount. Find out more about the benefits of membership here: https://www.wypw.org/shop/standard-membership/
- If you have to cancel:
- 16-12 weeks before the course: 50 % of the fee will be retained by WYPW
- Less than 12 weeks before the course: 100% of the fee will be retained by WYPW
- Please note that full payment is required for non-attendance on a booking that has been transferred.
- If we have to cancel: