Spend a weekend learning how to screen print onto textiles in our fully equipped workshop and take home samples, t-shirts, and bags, printed with your own designs!
This fun, hands-on course will cover the whole screen-printing process – from preparing images and exposing them onto screens using the photo-emulsion process, to printing and fixing your designs using water-based, washable inks. Textile items are supplied, you may choose a combination of t-shirts and tote bags or fabric if you wish to print repeat images on and after the course construct into a fashion or furnishing item..
Great for hobbyists, those looking to learn a new skill or start a new textile product business!
Your tutor: Karen Stansfield
Karen Stansfield is a printmaker/maker who previously worked in television, theatre and the fashion industry. Karen recently completed a master’s in performance design at the University of Leeds where she explored the relationship between the audience and scenographic materials. Working from her home studio she explores the phenomenology of objects and materials using different printing methods onto textiles and paper.
This course is suitable for beginners and well as those looking to learn a new printmaking technique or wanting a process refresher.
All basic materials such as inks, paper/fabric, tools, and equipment are included.
Covid-19 safety :
As a result of the ongoing pandemic, our workshops and the way we run courses looks a little different. We continue to have everyone’s safety as our main priority. It might not be quite the same as it was before but your ability to get stuck in and enjoy a spot of printmaking remains the same. Added measures to keep you safe include:
- All courses working with reduced numbers or alternate spaces to aid greater social ventilation and social distancing.
- Requesting that everyone in communal areas of the workshop, if able, continues to wear either a face covering, mask or a visor.
- Hand sanitiser provided on entry and additional cleaning measures in place.
- Removal of any shared equipment or materials wherever possible.
Full guidance on our Covid-19 policies and risk assessment can be found on our website here.
After attending this course you can join our workshop as a member and continue to use our facilities to make and develop your own work. The sooner the better, as the longer you leave it the more you are likely to forget! If you join up within one month of attending the course you will receive a £5 discount. Find out more about the benefits of membership here: https://www.wypw.org/shop/standard-membership/
- If you have to cancel:
- 16-12 weeks before the course: 50 % of the fee will be retained by WYPW
- Less than 12 weeks before the course: 100% of the fee will be retained by WYPW
- Please note that full payment is required for non-attendance on a booking that has been transferred.
- If we have to cancel: