Come and get your hands inky and your creativity flowing in this taster workshop which will introduce you to the technique of screen-printing with stencils. Stencil screen printing is a relatively quick and accessible printing process. Offering great scope for exploring colour and shape to create vibrant designs and images, representational and abstract.
You will be guided through the design of your stencil as well as the printing process itself. To make the print, ink is pushed through a mesh screen, with shapes blocked out by the stencil of your own design. A thin, quick drying layer of ink is transferred to the printing paper and, once dry, further layers in different colours can be added over the top, to create exciting mixes of colour where ink is translucent or block out shapes with ink which is opaque.
Once you have got to grips with the basics, you can get creative and produce a variety of standalone images, abstract designs or grounds on which to work later in mixed media.
Your tutor: Kathryn Fox
This course is suitable for beginners as well as those looking to learn a new printmaking technique or who want a process refresher.
All course prices include basic materials such as inks, paper, tools and equipment.
Covid-19 safety :
We continue to have everyone’s safety as our main priority. Added measures to keep you safe include:
- Each participant will be allocated an individual workstation and box of materials.
- During your time in the workshop, we will open windows/doors etc. to provide increased ventilation – this might mean it’s a little colder than usual so you might wish to pack an extra layer!
- The workshop has antibacterial/viral wipes, hand sanitiser which is to be used upon arrival and has increased the frequency of cleaning to communal areas.
After attending this course you can join our workshop as a member and continue to use our facilities to make and develop your own work. The sooner the better, as the longer you leave it the more you are likely to forget! If you join up within one month of attending the course you will receive a £5 discount. Find out more about the benefits of membership here: https://www.wypw.org/shop/standard-membership/
- If you have to cancel:
- 16-12 weeks before the course: 50 % of the fee will be retained by WYPW
- Less than 12 weeks before the course: 100% of the fee will be retained by WYPW
- Please note that full payment is required for non-attendance on a booking that has been transferred.
- If we have to cancel: