Join guest tutor and printmaker Lisa Stubbs for a fun filled workshop learning the skills and technical knowledge to produce a number of playful Tetra Pak prints.
Tetra Pak printing offers a wonderfully versatile introduction to Intaglio and Collagraph printing processes, perfect for beginners and experienced printmakers alike. Through cutting, scoring and peeling the plate you will produce some fabulous effects and both in terms of line and tone. With a focus on experimentation and play; you’ll explore a range of compositional ideas and get to explore various techniques, combining and testing your own ideas which will ultimately result in some fantastic printed outcomes! Using recycled juice, milk and soup cartons; this creative print technique is an exciting way forward to more sustainable printing.
Your tutor : Lisa Stubbs
Lisa works in-between her home studio in the beautiful hills of the Holme valley and the print rooms here at WYPW. She particularly loves screen printing as a process and experimenting with textures, building images up in layers of colour however recently she has been creating paper stencil mono-prints and tetrapak prints, loving the organic nature of the process and the happy (accidents) surprises that occur in the final reveal! Find out more about Lisa via her website.
Beginners welcome as well as experienced printmakers to inform and develop their existing practice. Also great for Teachers / Educators as this process translates really well for classroom settings where a press is available.
All course prices include basic materials such as inks, paper, tools and equipment.
What do I need to prepare beforehand?
Students are welcome to bring their own ideas/sketches/drawings but it’s not a requirement, there will be lots of inspiration to inspire spontaneous new ideas on the day!
- Hello and introduction to the day and the processes you’ll be learning
- Inspiration and generating some artwork to use during the workshop
- Demonstrations of the inking and printing process
- Play and explore – plenty of time to investigate the process and get to grips with the basics of chine colle, blind embossing, inking in colour and intaglio printing
After attending a taster session, you will be able to join WYPW as a member to continue to practice the skills you have learned. Sign up for membership within one month of attending the course and you will receive a £5 discount. Find out more about membership here: https://www.wypw.org/shop/standard-membership/
- If you have to cancel:
- 16-12 weeks before the course: 50 % of the fee will be retained by WYPW
- Less than 12 weeks before the course: 100% of the fee will be retained by WYPW
- Please note that full payment is required for non-attendance on a booking that has been transferred.
- If we have to cancel: