Call out for freelance printmaking tutors to teach online with WYPW
Deadline: 12:00pm 5th Feb 2021
Established in 1984, West Yorkshire Print Workshop is the largest open access printmaking facility in Yorkshire.
As a result of additional funding through the Culture Recovery Fund (CRF); we are looking to grow our freelance pool of printmaking tutors to include those who are willing to work with us in developing an online workshop programme.
Assisting us in our aim of promoting and supporting printmakers by delivering an exciting and engaging range of online workshops with printmaking at their core, you should be confident working with students who are either complete beginners and/or those with more advanced experience.
Our aim for online delivery includes a combination of live remotely broadcast workshops and blended options with some pre-recorded/live content alongside in-house (at WYPW in Mirfield) delivery (when restrictions permit). As such, delivery is not dependent upon location and we encourage applications from those who may not ordinarily be able to work with us due to geographical restrictions.
Our education programme covers a broad range of print processes – screen print (paper and textiles), etching, photoetching, solar plate, photo-plate lithography, relief print, mono-print, collagraph and letterpress and you may have a specialist focus or a range of talents across these areas. We aim to cater for aspiring and practicing fine art print makers and those working within design-based disciplines as well as those exploring printmaking for wellbeing or inspiring young people to pursue creative careers and so experience within any of these contexts (online or face-to face) would be advantageous.
You might be experienced already with online delivery or looking to develop how your share your printmaking knowledge with others outside of a face-to-face context.
Why become a member of the printmaking tutor pool at WYPW?
By working with us here at WYPW you get to become part of something bigger, benefitting from being a member of an established and respected printmaking community. We have a loyal customer following and an association with us means that you are recognised as a provider of a professional, quality service and can be trusted to offer a wonderful experience to those wanting to attend.
We take the admin strain…
- Uploading, hosting, and promoting your course online.
- Administering bookings and payments (including payment of booking fees).
- Liaising with attendees before and after your workshop.
- Set up of any online platforms required to run your session.
- Organising the filming, editing and hosting of any recorded content you may provide.
We shout about how amazing you are and what you are offering by:
- Directly marketing your course via our fortnightly newsletter with readership of 1000+ people.
- Promoting you and your course via our social media networks with a combined following of 9000+ people.
- Including your course in our seasonally produced brochure (post covid!) which goes to over 200 specially chosen locations across the UK.
- Paying for and organising the advertising of your course on regional and national platforms including Art Council Arts News, Creative Kirklees and Yorkshire Art.
As we grow, hopefully you do too; as well as the individual course promotion above we also offer all of our tutors the opportunity to have a profile on our website helping you to promote your individual practice via our networks.
Workshop content is negotiated via our Education Coordinator but taught sessions are flexible in terms of days and hours taught.
How does payment work?
Tutors are paid a one-off development fee of £150 for each new online workshop they create with us. This includes time for developing and deciding on content, considering modes of delivery and drawing up a plan for the session.
The delivery of each workshop will be paid on a scaled hourly rate as outlined below with an additional payment given for set up and preparation for delivery at a rate of 1:2 (i.e. for 1.5 hrs delivery you would be paid for an additional 3 hrs prep time at £15p/hr)
Scale of fees for delivery:
- Graduate £25 p/hr
- Early-career (2-5yrs experience) £30 p/hr
- Mid-career (5-10yrs experience) £32.50 p/hr
- Experienced practitioner – 10+ years £35 p/hr
To apply, please provide:
- a CV
- a covering letter no longer than 1 page or a 2 minute video (mp4 format) giving an overview of your specialisms and your printmaking and teaching experience
- a pdf of 5 images of recent work and/or link to your website/social media.
Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of public liability and indemnity insurance (and DBS as required) prior to the delivery of any sessions. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds especially from those within under represented groups.
Please send applications to our Education Coordinator – Caroline Pratt – firstname.lastname@example.org